In accordance with the Local Lodge Bylaws, Article II, Section 13
- An elected shop steward can hold an election upon proper notice to the members in his/her area of representation at any time her or she wishes to relinquish shop steward.
- The shop steward shall call an election if petitioned by at least 10% of the membership in his/her area of representation
- When an election is scheduled, the shop steward shall get with the foreman in his/her area of representation and set the time that all membership present will have at least 24 hours notice prior to the election.
- When an election is called by 10% of the members in a shop stewards area of representation and the election is held, another election cannot be called for by petition for a period of 30 days.
- Upon election of a new steward the retiring shop steward will inform the secretary at the union hall of the change within 2 working days so the company can be notified by official letter.
If there are any question or concerns regarding the election procedures, please contact the Grievance Negotiating Committeeman / Chief Steward or the administrative secretary at the Union Hall.